Re: [RTTY] Pileup of Rookies!

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Pileup of Rookies!
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 10:16:50 -0500
Al,

Maybe you were using an older version of MM... when I first loaded the
module (RRRTTY), the exchange area looked like the "auto detect" used in
the SS contests. That's where you can enter the information in any order
and the program sorts it out for you. But that feature wasn't working
properly, so I downloaded the current version and the Name, Year, and
QTH were split into 3 separate fields. It worked fine after that and it
allowed me to log anyone, no matter what Year was entered. I think there
was some last minute tweaking of the software by the developers.

And QSL on updating the language of the rules to define the intent
better. The online score reporting also needs to be looked into as well.
My score is obviously wrong because that form asks you to fill in the
number of Non-Rookie QSOs. I was wondering why the N1MM claimed score
was 1/3 that of the manually calculated score on the website! Oh well,
even this Old-Timer has learned a thing or two!

I gotta say that I was impressed with the finesse and efficiency of the
Rookies I worked. They did an excellent job.

I see Larry, K8UT has just commented on the program updates.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN