Re: [RTTY] Hyphens ( was Contesting too long?)

To: Jeff Blaine <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Hyphens ( was Contesting too long?)
From: "Ken Anderson, N0AS" <n0as.dx@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 16:47:48 -0500
Thanks All,

You've got me pretty well squared away. What you've suggested is pretty much
what I've been doing. I should probably shorten up my macros a character or
two, tho (K, DE).

I'm in the contests to work DX primarily, so macro length isn't a big concern
for me - but I certainly understand it is for contesters and I respect that.

One thing I found annoying in the jarts was a few operators sending multiple
line feeds (correct term?) before and in the middle of their transmission. Aw
well, rtty is way too much fun, I should have picked it up years ago. :)  In
three months I've worked 85 entities with 100 watts or less with a tribander at
35 feet from the blackhole known as 0-land.

Ken
Amateur Radio Callsign: N0AS

Irritating nearly everyone since 1956.

ARRL: arrl.org