Re: [RTTY] 10m RTTY power levels

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 10m RTTY power levels
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 12:10:30 -0700
You are comparing apples to oranges.  Everyone that is on a stock car
track follows the rules, most of the time anyway.  Ham radio allows
anyone to jump on the track and play.

A large majority of people in contests are casual operators who could
care less about the rules and you will never change this attitude.  The
casual operators are not competing they are just having fun.  Without
casual ops most contests of 24 to 48 hour duration would end up being
quite boring toward the end.

People who run QRP or low power are no better than those who run power.

Mike W0MU

W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net