Re: [RTTY] New

To: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>, RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] New
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 17:14:52 -0500
On 1/12/2012 4:54 PM, Jerry Flanders wrote:
> Would LOTW handle the modified callsign OK? If he sends /KL7, that
> is how I log him. Later when I send it to LOTW, will it match if he
> IDs at LOTW without the KL7?

Not only does one need to be concerned with LotW (there is a TI2/ that
sends TI/ on the air but uses TI2/ with LotW) ... most contest rules
used to specify that the callsign used must reflect the actual region.
I have not checked the RU rules but I would expect a station in Alaska
to have an "AL/KL/NL/WL" call sign or sign /KL (the "7" is not needed).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV