Re: [RTTY] (no subject)

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] (no subject)
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 11:33:31 -0600
He is not signing as the other station. The other station already knows
he is working W6WRT. It's a waste of time sending W6WRT again.

Bill also knows his call sign, so there's no benefit for him seeing it
again either.

There is a benefit. That is when the first K1XX gets covered up by "tail
enders" and "long callers". Nobody knows who the report is being sent to
(other than W6WRT). Having the call sign on the end ensures the intended
station knows he is being worked.

I lost count of the number of times I received "4:XC-ALU4C 599 CA CA BK"
on my screen. Then I simply WAIT until the station resends his report
and I can tell whether he is working me or someone else.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN