Re: [RTTY] Dupes how to handle

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dupes how to handle
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 19:08:44 -0800
Hi Larry

I have always wondered why people want to work the DX'pedition on every
available band/slot.

Say HK0NA makes 50,000 Q's and they all work him 27 times.  That means that
only about 1850 stations work them.  Lots of others will be left out.  73

Tom W7WHY

Some of this duplicate QSO stuff is not limited to contests. I heard
several occasions during the recent HK0NA expedition, for example,
where the same stations were worked more than three times in less than
half an hour on the same band/mode slot. I noticed the same behavior
several times from a few stations last year when I operated from XV.

Personally, I just work the dupe as it is usually faster than trying to
explain
a dupe. I have never had to resort to what I heard HK0NA do a few times:
"xxxxxx YOU ARE IN THE LOG".

73, Larry  W6NWS