Re: [RTTY] WPX funnies

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WPX funnies
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:33:15 -0800
Hi Bill

Sometimes if you send the exchange and the callsign is not in the logger, it
will send '000' for a number.  I think I've seen the call in the area above
the entry box but it's not in the box.  Then it will send '000'.  73
Tom W7WHY

REPLY:

I don't know the answer to Ron's question but I have another WPX funny,
possibly related to the above.

About four times I received "W6WRT 599 000 000". In each case, the
station immediately recognized the invalid serial number and quickly
sent a valid one. Just curious how this happened in the first place.
Some new software?

73, Bill W6WRT