Re: [RTTY] WPX funnies

To: "Ron Kolarik" <rkolarik@neb.rr.com>, "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WPX funnies
From: "G. E. Janssens" <k5ww@live.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 00:55:18 -0600
I must say I saw the most "creative" macro in this past CQWPX.

I'd been calling CQ on a nice, clear frequency on 15 or 20 for a while. With
my cloudburner antenna, that's a joy to have!

Then, all of a sudden, someone starts calling CQ on that frequency. I
ignored it for a while, thinking maybe someone may have made a mistake. And
I continued with my CQ.

But the guy was persistent, and kept calling CQ, with almost perfect timing,
alternating my CQs. So I figured he didn't hear me, and I kept CQing, to see
if - eventually - other callers (for me or him) would screw up his/my
rhythm.

Turned out, after some listening, that he was callling ME! His macro was
something like "CQ CQ WPX RTTY KU5Z KU5Z de xxxxx xxxxxxx  xxxxxx CQ"!!!!
That was his way of calling me!

Crazy. I can't remember the call, nor do I want to. But surely some of you
must have seen that too...

73,

Erik "lazy birthday bum" - K5WW