Re: [RTTY] WPX funnies

To: "RTTY reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WPX funnies
From: KU7Y <ku7y.cw@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 20:09:39 -0700
Let me tell you one about me......

Keep in mind that this year marks # 60 that I've been a ham.  Active most of
that time.  You would think I had learned a little bit about how to operate,
right?

Well......   Last year many of you helped me get set up to do some AFSK.
One of those will Bill W6WRT.

Along came a contest about then and it might have been the WPX.  Anyway, it
looked like the MP was making some AFSK RTTY sounds.....  Then bingo, I saw
Bill calling CQ..... Hmmmmm, he wasn't busy.....  I had WriteLog with MMTTY
running...... Next thing I knew, I had hit whatever key it was to call him.
Darned if he didn't come back!  Printed the exchanged all OK.

Then I just sat there as I realized that I had no idea how to send anything
but my call!

I did what all good operators do in a situation like that..... I shut the
radio/computer down and crawled under a rock!  When I came out, I sent Bill
an email begging his forgiveness.  Being the super guy that he is, he never
had a bad word to say.

So goes the story of my first RTTY QSO!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Thanks again Bill!