Re: [RTTY] Macros again

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Macros again
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 20:53:41 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On 2/15/2012 12:22 PM, Vladimir Sidarau wrote:
> Please arrange your run QSL QRZ macro so that it starts not with my
> call-sign, but with the message you want to send, i.e. like this:
> Instead of
> <MYCALL>  TU<YOURCALL>  CQ
> make something like
> TU<MYCALL>  <YOURCALL>  CQ.

REPLY:

I strongly disagree. Why? Your method works when there is only you and
one other station on frequency. Often, especially in a major contest,
there will be two or more stations calling you and each one thinks they
are the one you are working. Given all the QRM, QRN, QSB and general
crud, it's easy to make that mistake. Sending the call of the station
you are working and then TU helps make it clear who you are actually
talking to.

73, Bill W6WRT