Re: [RTTY] Macros again

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Macros again
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:29:22 -0800
The other station's call sign has already been sent with your exchange.  I
seldom send the other station's call sign again in my QSL message.  I
typically send the same thing that I, and most everyone, sends on CW or SSB:

TU W0YK CQ

If I sense there might be confusion, then I pre-pend this message with the
<his call> message, but this is very rare.  Sure, there is always
possibility for confusion, but my error rate and dupe rate clearly indicate
that it is unnecessary to send the other station's call sign in every QSL
message.

Ed - W0YK

> On 2/15/2012 12:32 PM, Dan Thompson wrote:
> > TU<MYCALL>  CQ
> >
> > This TU macro saves time for everyone!

Bill, W6WRT, replied: