Re: [RTTY] Macros again

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Macros again
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 00:50:07 -0000
I try to also operate efficiently using the same format as Ed,  except I
omit the ending CQ on SSB and CW (as I am sure he does) and in heavy rate
situations I also omit the TU.   I can't control what other people send and
I am happy that they are working me, however, I have noticed something on
RTTY that I haven't seen on any other mode.  Stations occasionally send a
callsign <his call> that is totally different than mine when working me.
Sometimes it is the call sign of the last station that I worked and
sometimes it is some other random callsign, perhaps the last person that
they worked  My guess is they have not entered my callsign yet in into their
logging software and they just get confused who is running on the frequency.
I know that they are working me and not working someone else on my
frequency.  I do send CQ after my callsign on RTTY so I don't understand the
confusion or know how to handle it.  Usually I work them and hope that they
straighten out their log afterwards.  I'm not sure how the log checking
process handles this if they enter the callsign of my previous contact
instead of mine.  One problem with having <his call> in a macro is that you
need the call before you can work him.  I sometimes work stations before
knowing or entering their full callsign.

John KK9A / P40A