[RTTY] Macros again

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Macros again
From: "Vladimir Sidarau" <vs_otw@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:22:06 -0500
Hi all,

It is not the first time I post it here, so please forgive my persistence.
The recent WPX turned to be yet another confirmation of validity of my
dream.

Please arrange your run QSL QRZ macro so that it starts not with my
call-sign, but with the message you want to send, i.e. like this:
Instead of
<MYCALL> TU <YOURCALL> CQ
make something like
TU <MYCALL> <YOURCALL> CQ.

My own run macro is actually
QSL <YOURCALL> 73 <MYCALL> QRZ.

Why?

Because usually by the moment you send the QSL QRZ message everything is
already clear for the both parties, including the both call-signs. Therefore
the only thing a S&P station is looking for is a clear confirmation on
receipt of an exchange sent. TU or QSL is more than enough for that. Having
seen TU I (doing S&P) can immediately go on tuning further down the band. If
I want to double-check whether my call-sign has been received correctly, I
can wait for my call to come up after the QSL, but in most of cases I am
forced to stay on your frequency waiting for my (long) call-sign gets
printed, first, and only then I can see TU/QSL. In a long run quite some
time turns to be spent for no reason.

Thanks and 73,

Vladimir VE3IAE

---