Re: [RTTY] A good weekend for bad propagation

To: Gary AL9A <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] A good weekend for bad propagation
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 18:05:03 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On 3/19/2012 3:10 PM, Gary AL9A wrote:
> Bill,
>
> Ouch!  Were you driving an amp or running the 7600 barefoot full tilt?
>
> 73,
> Gary AL9A

REPLY:

U had been driving an amp, but that's not when it died. It was working
fine when I QRT'd for a minute to get a cup of coffee and when I came
back, on the next TX, nothing. The failure was completely silent - no
pops, bangs or other signs of malfeasance. The output meter just stayed
on zero.

My amp only needs 45 watts for full output so overheating should not
have been an issue. I'll be curious to know what the factory says happened.

73, Bill W6WRT