[RTTY] A good weekend for bad propagation

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] A good weekend for bad propagation
From: Jim Harris <jim.w0em@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 22:05:19 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Bill,
Bill Turner wrote:
<<Just as I reached the 105 QSO mark my beloved IC-7600 went belly up, transmit
wise. Zero power out on any band or mode. RX ok.
Fortunately it's under warranty so it's off to Bellevue.>>
Over the last 10 plus years ICOM has had problems with similar failures due to
static electricity in the antenna system.  Wind, rain, snow or anything that
causes the antenna system to build up static electricity can cause the loss of
power out and in an instance of time at that.  Don't know if that caused your
problem or if it applies to their newer models but I had to have one radio
repaired 3-4 times in as many years.  I learned to put all antenna switches to
ground even if going "down the hall" for a minute.
Best of luck in getting it repaired quickly.  At least it is under warranty.
Take pride in the USA. 73

Jim, W0EM