Re: [RTTY] Followup on ESD from last week

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, "RTTYReflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Followup on ESD from last week
From: "Jim W7RY" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 17:05:20 -0700
That is Icom's standard response when they don't feel like covering
something under warrantee. They tried to tell me that on a NEW IC-7200 that
was dead out of the box and had never been on an antenna.

I appealed, they covered it under warrantee.

If there stuff is so susceptible to ESD , it sounds like a design flaw?

73
Jim W7RY