Re: [RTTY] AFSK to FSK converter

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] AFSK to FSK converter
From: Doug Faunt <faunt@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:06:23 -0700
He may have been unaware of the limitations of some rigs, or may just have decided to focus on what works for him. I suspect that driving a UART at 45.5 or bit-banging the same is non-trivial in Windows. And he may have been unaware of the OOK to FSK hack (which would work with AFC on) and should be trivial to implement, just set one of the AFSK output frequencies to zero.

Or he may just have a different "religion".

It does look as if there's a work-around, too, as VE3KI points put, that's not too onerous.

73, doug