Re: [RTTY] Rude contesters

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Rude contesters
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 08:12:23 +0100
Don Hill AA5AU wrote:
I saw some pretty unruly pileups to the likes I had not seen in many years, especially when the J35 showed up with 15 minutes to go to the end on 15 meters. These weren't newbies either.

The same happened earlier with PZ5RA. He delivered a real fire-and-brimstone sermon to the unruly mob before going QRT... and even while he was typing, some people were still calling.

Again, some of these weren't newbies, but on all contest modes there is a new breed of "no-hopers" who click on a cluster spot and then call and call with no realistic hope of a reply.

But the worst thing of all is: WE are the experienced contesters who should have taught them better.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek