Re: [RTTY] RU rules

To: rtty contesting rttycontesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RU rules
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 20:27:14 -0500
That's not the way I read it.  Typically, you can operate the entire length of
the contest if you like.  All your contacts will be credited to the other
person, but your score will be limited to only 24 hours in a manner determined
by the contest sponsors - first 6 hours don't count; last six; highest scoring
six; whatever.  That's usually buried in the rules, though perhaps RU doesn't
allow that at all.

That being said, a minimum of 6 hours must be off in no more than 2 blocks.
Since any additional time off is time you could be legally operating, who cares
how many or how long those blocks are? To do a reductio ad absurdum, you could
take 6:30 off.  Six of hours of that time must be no more than 2 time periods.
The other 0:30 could be 30 one minute intervals (though probably undetectable
by scoring programs).

Al
AB2ZY