Re: [RTTY] RU rules

To: "'rtty contesting rttycontesting'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RU rules
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 22:20:16 -0600
Ed wrote:

"Starting late does not count as off-time, though it obviously reduces the
amount of the 30 hours available to you.  The two
official off-times occur after your first QSO."

I'm confident this is not correct. Starting late DOES count as off time as long
as it is at least 30 minutes. Let's say you take the
first six hours off and start the contest at 0000Z on Sunday and operate all
the way through to 2400Z. You have satisfied the six
hours of off time greater than 30 minutes, which can all be taken at one time.
Nowhere in the rules does it say that the official
off times occur after your first QSO.

It's a very confusing rule.

73, Don AA5AU