Re: [RTTY] RU rules

To: "'Fabi va2up'" <va2up@live.ca>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RU rules
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 23:40:01 -0400
Part of the confusion is understanding the difference between off-time that
counts for your 6 hours less than the 30 hour contest period, compared to
any other breaks you care to take.  Those other breaks are simply counted as
part of your operating time.

Said another way, the first 24 hours of "operating time" in your log will be
counted for your score.  You can operate longer and you must leave those
QSOs in the log so that others don't get NIL penalties.

You can have "official off-time" not count in your 24 hours as long as each
off-time period is at least 30 minutes, and you can only have two of these
official off-times.

Starting late does not count as off-time, though it obviously reduces the
amount of the 30 hours available to you.  The two official off-times occur
after your first QSO.

Does this make sense?

Ed P49X

Fabi VA2UP wrote:
An interesting question was asked to me and would like to make sure. Rules
say : 2.2. The six hours of off time must be taken in no more than two
blocks.
What if one takes 10 or more hours off? The way I see it is the sum of ANY
two breaks should not be less than 6 hours. Say 4 breaks of 3 hours each
would be fine. Is this correct?