Re: [RTTY] US call signs (BARTG)

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] US call signs (BARTG)
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 18:08:38 -0600
So basically what you're saying is if I want to keep my call sign, the FCC has locked me out of moving to another district?

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

On 1/7/2013 5:56 PM, foxbw@comcast.net wrote:

Thank you Ken, VE3HLS, for a perfectly well thought out method of assigning US
call signs.  I agree 100%.

"Simple.? Stick with what you had.
You report any moves to another call district, just like you do with your drivers
license when you move to a new state, right?? The FCC issues you with a call for the
new call district.? If it's possible to keep your call and just change the number,
then perfect.? If not, you get a new call.? If you simply _must_ have a vanity call
then you get a vanity call that corresponds to your call district (see above).? If
there isn't one that you like then, well, tough."

I suppose it is too logical for the FCC to implement, or does that vanity call
fee mean that much to them?

Barry - W1HFN

(live in MA, moved from MD as a K3)