Re: [RTTY] RTTY crosshair pattern

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY crosshair pattern
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 19:35:27 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 19:52:18 -0700, Lee wrote:

>I've tried using a scope with my Kam+ and the scope with MMTTY. Neither one
>gives a perfect "+" (crosshair) indication. I'm wondering why that is so.
>Without a perfect crosshair pattern it would be difficult to get right on
>frequency.

REPLY:
If the crosshairs are there but not at a 90 degree angle, check your tones
setting. Mark should be 2125 and space should be 2295.

You will occasionally come across a station using 200 Hz shift instead of
the standard 170 Hz. Those will not be at 90 degrees. Just split the
difference and it should work unless your RX bandwidth is REALLY narrow,
which it probably isn't.

Bill, W6WRT