Re: [RTTY] Dash vs space, more beat this to death

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dash vs space, more beat this to death
From: Vilnis YL2KF <yl2kf@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 20:35:44 +0200
Hi to all ,
just for info -
http://dwestbrook.net/projects/ham/rtty-length/
nice message length calculator . USOS on/off and so on and
with one familiar call signal ;-) allready filled in.....
Tnx & 73 to W7AY

de YL2KF , Vilnis

On 11.02.2013 20:12, Kok Chen wrote:
On Feb 11, 2013, at 9:50 AM, Andreas Rehberg wrote:

on the usual exchange that should save 7 characters (4 spaces
= 4xLTRS + 3xFGS) per 167ms are 1.17 sec.
(pse correct me if I calculate that wrong)
I think you are overcounting, Andy.

It should be just 3xFIGS.  No additional LTRS are sent by the transmitter.

But yes, it still does adds up to a lot for the people looking to save
milliseconds, but matters very little for the rest of us who simply enjoys RTTY
QSOs, where the longer the exchange is, the more we enjoy it, HI HI.

73
Chen, W7AY