Re: [RTTY] Dash vs space, more beat this to death

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dash vs space, more beat this to death
From: "Andreas Rehberg" <arehberg@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 18:50:29 +0100
ok, so for the guys hunting for milliseconds a solution could be
to have 2 sets of exchanges available.. one additional for the
strong stations returning - with USOS temporarily switched off..

on the usual exchange that should save 7 characters (4 spaces
= 4xLTRS + 3xFGS) per 167ms are 1.17 sec.
(pse correct me if I calculate that wrong)

that sounds much.. per 1,000 QSOs that's abt 20 minutes..
at a rate of 40 Q/hr that are 13 additional QSOs, well
that sounds not so much.. (at least it is emvironmentally
friendly)

Andy, DF4WC

-------- Original-Nachricht --------