Re: [RTTY] Dash vs space, more beat this to death

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dash vs space, more beat this to death
From: Jay WS7I <ws7ik7tj@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 20:21:48 -0800
Close only counts in horse shoes and hand ....

How about " 599 QWR 123" Bet most would still click on the 123. As I was testing MMTTY, ST-8000, and 2Tone on receive on a number of stations during the contest (mostly receive) I can assure you that the nearly 5% plus error rates of RTTY stations is caused by just such errors. In fact the software test this morning as I copied stations working P49X on 10 meters was pretty amazing. Early in the morning Ed is weak up here on my lousy antennas.