Re: [RTTY] AA5AU Contest Notes for 2013 WPX RTTY Contest

To: Don Hill AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] AA5AU Contest Notes for 2013 WPX RTTY Contest
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:41:57 -0600
Hello Don...

Thanks for posting your article / experience during CQ WPX RTTY.

I too have been forming my opinion regarding the comparison of MMTTY and 2Tone. To cut to the chase, I have come to the same conclusion as you. I was smiling as I began reading your article. The 'skeptical bias, but willingness to stick with it long enough to form an experienced opinion' was shining through in the beginning. :-)

Another enjoyment was reading about your first-time experience with the N1MM Logger. Taking on the task of reading through the documentation is a formidable challenge in its own right. In your article you mention the desire to do SO2R using two computers. I'll preface my comments that I don't have SO2R setup at my QTH although I have used it at the KØIR station. In that environment it is a two computer network setup, each one configured for SO2R capability.

Depending on what SO2R features you want, you can setup two computers in networked mode, each controlling one transceiver. They will share / update a common log. I have cc:ed the N1MM Digital reflector so others might share their experience and let you know of any limitations when emulating SO2R using two computers in this configuration.

Thanks again for writing up your experience.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN