Re: [RTTY] AA5AU Contest Notes now multi computer n1mm SO#R

To: "k0rc@citlink.net" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] AA5AU Contest Notes now multi computer n1mm SO#R
From: Mark <n2qt@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:24:19 -0500
I've run n1mm with two networked pcs, one controlling an so2r pair and the
other computer
running a single rig.  You will need to set the log up for a multi something
category to get
the computers talking.  In a serial number contest you'll have to verify they
are done
correctly for your single op category.

Then I ran the so2r computer with last one wins for the so2r lockout, and for
the networked
selection,  'stop other rig when this one transmits'.   This pretty well
emulates so3r operation,
Last one wins but with a fee caveats.  When running with cq repeat on one of
the so2r rigs, if
you start a transmission on the so3r rig during a receive time on the so2r
radio, the cq repeat is not disabled and with start up, disabling your so3r
radio during its transmission.  This is
confusing.

I did not try so2v operation with multiple computers so can't comment.

There is some discussion of 2 computer so2r at

http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Single+Operator+Two+Radio+Operation+%28SO2R%29

See section. 1.1

Also I use a program called synergy which allows me to use one keyboard and
mouse for both
computers.  If I run ESM with rt click sends error, I can run all the rigs
based on moving the
mouse cursor onto the correct monitor, thereby the correct computer.

Mark. N2QT