Re: [RTTY] Debate

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Debate
From: w1hkj <w1hkj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 08:57:18 -0600
I'm new to this group, but not new to amateur radio ... been licensed continuously for 55 years. I find the discussion trail quite humorous, so perhaps a bit of tongue in cheek humor is in order. Why not base the class of the entrant on investment? Perhaps named for Biblical characters?

Class
        Requirement
Pharisee
You've bought all of your equipment, antennas and software. Total investment in excess of $10,000.
Sadducee
All equipment / software purchased. Can't afford to spend as much as the Pharisee (He's sad you see)
Disciple
Everything is used gear, didn't pay the guy who wrote the software ... He probably gets more than enough.
Apostle
Either hardware or supporting software is home brew ... drinks too much coffee
Messiah
Designed and made all hardware, antennas and software. Eschews paying for anything he or she can create. Occasionally transmits perfect signals without turning on the gear (rather like walking on water).

Y'all have a great ham day.  It's nearly perfect weather in North Alabama.

73, Dave, W1HKJ