Re: [RTTY] Debate

To: rtty@contesting.com, ws7ik7tj@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Debate
From: Greg Rauch <ki6ck@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 19:40:02 -0800 (PST)
IMHO....  SOmR operators are like "olympians"..  really amazing stuff.  I'm
content with my single radio/amp setup, and do enjoy some really good runs on
occasion.

Maybe someday contest sponsors will consider an olympian class, for those
highly proficient operators/stations that knock the scores out of the park with
their amazing skill sets.

I once heard an extremely successful (RTTY) op comment that exploitation of
contest rules is in the spirt of competition.  I generally agree with that
concept... however, as the exploitation of rules becomes more common, as in the
case of SOmR, then my suggestion is to create another submittal class, and
segment the competitors on that basis.

My two cents... and always look forward to having air time during RTTY contests!

Vy 73

Greg  N6CK