Re: [RTTY] AA5AU Contest Notes for 2013 WPX RTTY Contest

To: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] AA5AU Contest Notes for 2013 WPX RTTY Contest
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:30:18 -0800
On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>wrote:

> A minor nit, but N1MM used in "network mode" does not keep a single common
> log file, but a replicated copy.  I do not know if N1MM uses native Access
> database replication or it's own messaging scheme, but each PC running N1MM
> has a copy of the log and any changes made on any computer are propagated
> to all the other computers on the network running N1MM.
>
> From a practical standpoint, it is a distinction without a real difference.

If I'm not mistaken, that's how WriteLog works too. I create an empty log
file on one PC, copy that file to the other PCs, start Writelog on each,
and then network the PCs. Updates propagate.

Don - Thanks as always for the post contest writeups! I'm curious as to
what N1MM is lacking to make SO2R/SOnR on multiple PCs possible.

- jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com