Re: [RTTY] Open Ukraine RTTY Championship Rules - Why 2 Rounds for each

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Open Ukraine RTTY Championship Rules - Why 2 Rounds for each Part?
From: Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 17:08:05 -0800
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Don Hill AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Does anyone know why each "part" of the contest is broken into two
> consecutive "rounds"?
>
> I am going to try to operate the high band "part" of the contest. It
> apparently is broken up into two "rounds". The first "round" is
> from 0800-1059Z (03 March) and the second "round" is from 1100-13:59Z (03
> March). What is the significance of the "rounds"?

Perhaps so you can work stations again--encourage activity.

> Probably the most confusing contest rules I've ever seen.

If I understand the rules and high-low time slots, it will unfortunately be
pretty much a nonevent for six-land stations. Maybe a little action at the
tail end of Low-Band Round Two.

Diddle Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light