Re: [RTTY] K3 reduced-bandwidth RTTY analysis

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] K3 reduced-bandwidth RTTY analysis
From: Salvatore Irato <iw1ayd@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:37:58 +0100
Hi Andy, great job!

BTW, I don't know if I am late or if I don't remember. But, do you
have any notice about how Elecraft made this superb improvement?
I have tried to download theirs FW release notes, but no way by now.
The .rtf that I could get here is so corrupted that isn't recognized
by any MS rtf reader.
It is also unknown to me if those Elecraft release notes cover or not
what you have explicitly shown to us so effectively

Did they, Elecraft,  have used the 300Hz filter also for TX?
It seems to that it could be possible, as far as I recall fragments of
readings here.
But, I think that this wouldn't be enough to make a so good FSK reshaping.
Out of any personal speculation it would be really interesting to know.

So if you have any further notice or any clue about how they did I
will, but also others would, appreciate it.

   73 de iw1ayd Salvo