Re: [RTTY] Not in log errors

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Not in log errors
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:56:19 -0400

On 6/20/2013 11:44 AM, Bob, WB2COY wrote:
> What happened to the previous comments about the S&P stations beyond
> told "...don't send my call as part of your exchange. I already know
> what my callsign is!"

In this era of "working stations from the bandmap" which is full of
garbage from a cluster, stations call blind without ever confirming
(copying) the call of the station they are working.  A station calling
CQ better see his own callsign print correctly or there is a high
chance that he may end up working another NIL - particularly if he is
one that likes the B4 message.

Perhaps it's time that contest sponsors require *both* calls as part
of the exchange.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV