Re: [RTTY] Not in log errors

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Not in log errors
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 22:02:16 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:44:56 -0400, Bob wrote:

>What happened to the previous comments about the S&P stations beyond told
>"...don't send my call as part of your exchange. I already know what my
>callsign is!"

REPLY:

I can't speak for everybody, but I think they mean "Don't send my call again
after we already established contact". It's especially annoying when you ask
for a repeat of the exchange and all you want is the zone or serial or
whatever, not W6WRT W6WRT DE W1XYZ 599 001 K

The preferred reply is 001 001 001 001 001 001   Roughly the same number of
characters and 6x the information throughput.

Grumpy mode off.   :-)

73, Bill W6WRT