Re: [RTTY] 2013 roundup results

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 2013 roundup results
From: "Vladimir Sidarau" <vs_otw@rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 15:17:52 -0400
Hector,

An explanation why your correspondents have logged sequential numbers of past
QSOs is simple. For sure you were running, you can verify it by checking your
log. Then, during your run you had quite a pile-up. Calling you time by time,
the callers have started by putting serial numbers you have sent to somebody
else into the respective window of their logger. But when one of them has
finally worked you, he simply forgot to apply a respective increment (Ctr-U in
N1MM) so that the number in the window matches the number you have sent to this
particular caller.
But the explanation is just an explanation. I am afraid, not much you can do to
prevent this problem. The only suggestion is to make the overall exchange
shortest possible so that you can work faster and the pile-up does not build
up. Obviously when there is no permanent pile-up and you work just station by
station, your callers will only copy serial numbers sent to them, and them only.

73,

Vladimir VE3IAE

---