Re: [RTTY] contest change

To: "k0rc@citlink.net" <k0rc@citlink.net>, "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] contest change
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 11:41:37 -0400
Nowhere does it say that you must take two breaks.  Only that the off time will
be calculated by summing the length of the longest two.  If you take one break
of 6 hours, the rule is satisfied and there is no need to add in time from an
additional break.

Here's a reductio ad absurdum:  Off times have a definition.  On times do not.
By your interpretation of the rule, it could be satisfied by taking a 3 hour
break; making one QSO; then taking another 3 hours break.

What possible rational purpose would this serve?

Al
AB2ZY