Re: [RTTY] RST SARTG RTTY

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RST SARTG RTTY
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 18:41:43 -0700
Hi Gary

I think the log should be DQ'd if the sponser knows the station didn't
follow the rules.

I'm sure the Cabrillo file they send in shows the '599' in the sent field,
even if not sent.

What would be the difference in not sending the '599' or not sending the
report when both are required.  73
Tom W7WHY

I agree not sending RST when required by the rules makes the contact
invalid, but...

Most logging programs will automatically fill in the 599 for each QSO.  If
we work one of these short cut artists should we then delete the default 599
entry and submit the log with the missing field?  That will render the QSO
invalid for my log, but what about his?  If he is logging 599 for each QSO
without actually sending the numbers, who corrects his log?  If he isn't
sending the RST on each entry the entire log should be disallowed, but how
will the contest sponsors determine this?

73,
Gary AL9A