Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users

To: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 16:18:08 -0800
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Kok Chen <chen@mac.com> wrote:

> Unless there is some enforceable rule that controls mutual interference
> between conversational mode users and data mode users, the proposed change
> by the ARRL only opens all of us to even worse QRM.  Even a 1 kHz signal in
> the midst of an RTTY contest or pileup can completely ruin it.  That is
> what is so wrong with the ARRL proposal.

I think Kai's point was that we already have fat signals in the RTTY sub
bands, and the ARRL proposal does nothing to change that. I've had many a
good QSO ruined by a fat PACTOR (or whatever it is) signal crashing down on
us without regard to what activity was going on there, but this proposal
isn't going to change that - unless I missed something? - 73 jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com