Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 15:27:07 -0600
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 6:44 PM, w1hkj <w1hkj@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> To be honest I find any operator who claims ownership to a frequency to be
> oppressive, whether he or she be using SSB voice, AM voice, Pactor,

It's contrary to the rules.  Many of you haven't filled out an FCC
Form 610 (and probably don't know that it's almost always an NCVEC
Form 605) so probably have no idea that when you apply for a license
(or renew by paper if you still do that), your signature certifies a
number of items.

The very first is "I certify that I waive any claim to the use of any
particular frequency regardless of prior use by licensee or
otherwise."

But that has nothing to do with the conversation here.