Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users

To: "Kok Chen" <chen@mac.com>, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users
From: "Andreas Rehberg" <arehberg@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 00:02:44 +0100 (CET)
Pactor 4 can establish a link with initial deviation of +/- 280Hz..
& 'AFC' has been implemented ever since Pactor 1..

Andy, DF4WC

Gesendet: Sonntag, 24. November 2013 um 18:52 Uhr
Von: "Kok Chen" <chen@mac.com>
An: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Cc: rtty@contesting.com
Betreff: Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users
On Nov 24, 2013, at 8:16 AM, Don Hill AA5AU wrote:

However, if you go watch some of the stuff going on around 14110, it is almost
comical. You will see two PACTOR stations that are off tuned by 100 Hz beeping
at one another for a minute without even establishing a link. These guys could
not even zero beat their rigs to within 100 Hz of one another -- not to mention
the lack of any AFC system. "Modern modes," my foot. (100 Hz is how far off
Pactor III should lock, according to their specs.)

I am not sure, but I think Winmor, as an "AFSK" system, may be way superior to
Pactor when it comes to tuning.

73
Chen, W7AY