Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 15:28:34 -0800
On Nov 24, 2013, at 3:02 PM, Andreas Rehberg wrote:

> Pactor 4 can establish a link with initial deviation of +/- 280Hz..

That is quite irrelevant today because Pactor 4 is also illegal to use in the
USA.

The 100 Hz off stations that I heard should lock, but they did not.

Neither did they try to automatically control their transmit frequencies to
zero beat one another to conserve spectrum use.  AFC on receive side alone is
insufficient to conserve spectrum use.  One of them needs to move their
transmit frequency like the way we use NET in RTTY.

Kai is right - just confine Pactor 3 to SL1 or SL2 if the two stations together
are going to hog so much extra of the spectrum.

So guys, when you write to the FCC, also mention that these Pactor pairs
actually occupy even more spectrum than each transmitter alone.  Two Pactor 4
stations together can occupy an extra 280 Hz than what each one alone uses.

73
Chen, W7AY