Re: [RTTY] Need to lawyer up for 60 meters

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Need to lawyer up for 60 meters
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 08:45:10 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 07:50:20 -0800, Iain wrote:

>By "carrier frequency", they mean the suppressed carrier when
>operating AFSK in an SSB mode.
>
>73,
>
>    ~iain / N6ML

REPLY:

Yes, I'm sure that's what they meant, but if so 97.303(h) is incorrectly
worded. If you follow the instructions literally, part of your transmission
will be out of the channel.

To me "carrier frequency" means exactly that - the frequency of your
transmitted RF carrier, not the VFO offset displayed on your transceiver.

The FCC's wording needs clarification.

73, Bill W6WRT