Re: [RTTY] Need to lawyer up for 60 meters

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Need to lawyer up for 60 meters
From: Kai <k.siwiak@ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 13:17:59 -0500
MSK is FSK with shift (as understood by hams) equal to half the baud rate. So 45.45 baud with 22.725 shift would be approximately MSK. if you've used 45.45 baud with 23 Hz shift you were close enough to MSK, especially with narrow band filtering on TX and RX.

When done correctly, MSK is phase continuous and has nice spectral response. With Baudot 7.5 bit coding like we use, I'm not so sure. That 1.5 bit long stop bit can really screw things up.

I think that Chen covered this recently.

Cheers!
Kai, KE4PT