[RTTY] About N4II's experiment...

Subject: [RTTY] About N4II's experiment...
From: "aflowers@frontiernet.net" <aflowers@frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 15:29:40 -0700 (PDT)

This will be fun, I promise.

Kai brought up a comments by Dr. Edgar Callaway, N4II, that saying that an
actual real experiment was cut short because of the outdated symbol rate rule.
I've been through the comments, and it looks like this is the only real
experiment by a commenter that seems to have been tragically and unfairly
hampered by that outdated symbol rate...there may be others, but my crack legal
staff hasn't had time to read everything.

So, the actual comments are here:

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/document/view?id=7520962607

Have a look.  Work through it.  Is there anything in there that makes you this
experiment was, say, less than serious?

(Honestly Kai, your baloney detector should have gone off instantly in even a
cursory reading.  You did read it, didn't you?)

I decided not to reference this in my reply comments since these comments may
have been done in ignorance (I have no idea who N4II is), but since Kai wants
to hold it up as an example we ought to at least look closely.

If this goes well maybe we can have a bonus round....

Andy K0SM/2