Re: [RTTY] Lack of RTTY on 40 and 80 Meters

To: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Lack of RTTY on 40 and 80 Meters
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 12:11:03 -0500
I agree with Tom. If a guy wants to work stateside 160m, you don't need a monster to get some kind of a signal out.

At one point I ran 160m from a loaded dipole in my attic. Never did much DX with that antenna but I could work stations to my heart's content on the DX contests (running an amp). Used a coax receiving loop on the patio.

And there's even a guy in our DX club locally who literally loads up his rain gutters. He's not winning any awards but works a few hundred stations easily on the 160m SSB or CW contests.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Osborne