[RTTY] WINMORE

To: "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WINMORE
From: Terry <ab5k@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 10:09:57 -0500
I downloaded the WINMORE app and taking a quick look at it.    WINMORE TNC
is a standalone app and you communicate with it using TCPIP.   It requires a
registration key but I think that's optional (not sure).   I brought it up
and can connect to it over TCPIP and execute some of the commands.

The MONCALL command appears to be a way to monitor traffic but it gives:
FAULT Command not recognized (MONCALL W5SEG)

I have not figured out how to configure it to point it to my sound card yet.

It has a squelch based busy channel detector but its defaulted OFF.

It has a CWID that defaults to: ON

In the technical docs they claim the 500 HZ mode has a bandwidth of 450 Hz.

A few interesting technical bits from the docs:

Bandwidths: 500 or 1600

MODE
<FSK4_2CarShort|FSK4_2Car|FSK4_8Car|PSK4_2Car|PSK4_8Car|PSK8_2Car|PSK8_8Car|
PSK16_2Car|PSK16_8Car>

BUSY  Returns channel status. (BUSY TRUE  = channel busy or BUSY FALSE =
channel clear. Busy status also reported asynchronously on a busy status
change (see below)

BUSYLOCK <False|True>  Disable/Enable Busy channel blocking.  Busy lock will
block a connection request unless there have been Tquiet ms of non busy
status preceding the connect request. (See appendix B) Default = False

SQUELCH <1-10> Returns or sets the current squelch value (default = 5). The
default value should be sufficient for most installations. Squelch only
affects the sensitivity of the busy detector (low values = higher
sensitivity)

MONCALL <Call sign (grid square)> Non connected monitor data includes call
sign and optional grid square in parenthesis

Terry   AB5K