Re: [RTTY] RTTY Software

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Software
From: "Larry Gauthier \(K8UT\)" <K8UT@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 06:49:07 -0400
Dennis,

You've seen some good responses to your posting, none of which is an exact match for your 5 KHz multi-decoder specification. My biased opinion would be a combination of N1MM Logger with multiples of MMTTY and 2Tone decoders - still not an exact match to your specs. You could substitute MMVARI with FLDIGI for decoding and gain narrow (audio passband) multi-channel decoding but sacrifice the quality of the decoders in MMTTY and 2Tone. In a serious RTTY pileup I'm not sure that there would be any benefit.

Seems to me that today's optimal solution requires the op to tune the VFO to Rx stations whose Tx frequency was outside of the capture range of the decoder's AFC.

But - WHEN is your DXPedition? Timing may affect the available solution set.

-larry (K8UT)

-----Original Message----- From: Dennis