Re: [RTTY] MMTTY, permanently disable AFC

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY, permanently disable AFC
From: "David G3YYD" <g3yyd@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 15:19:16 -0000
Tim

MMTTY moves the tone frequencies under its AFC system. 2Tone leaves the tone
frequencies as they are and then uses the AFC value to offset to where the
signal is. It also limits the AFC value to a maximum of 60Hz. One big
problem as you know with MMTTY is it can wonder very far from your intended
tone frequencies.

Turning off the AFC (use the button) and 2Tone is using the set tone
frequencies with no offset. Yet the AFC system still works to show you where
the signal is so you can tune the signal to the set tones. In this case the
small vertical markers are yellow when AFC is on and White when AFC is off.

At the moment 2Tone will only respond to Net on/off commands from N1MM. It
is essential to have Net off when Running so your TX frequency does not
wonder and Net on for S&P so you transmit on your receiving frequency.

While testing N1MM+, I have enhanced 2Tone so that AFC and Net can be
controlled from N1MM+ and Ham default sets the AFC offset to zero. I intend
to release this version of 2Tone when N1MM+ is released.

73 David G3YYD