Re: [RTTY] Laptop USB Sound Card

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Laptop USB Sound Card
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 16:05:32 -0700
I've been using the first USB soundcard below ($18) for 5 years now with my
laptops for RTTY.  I don't know how well it works for PSK and other digital
modes.

I'd use the internal laptop soundcard, but it only has a mono Mic input and
I need stereo.  This USB soundcard has stereo Line In which also eliminates
the need for attenuator pads.

Ed W0YK

Joe W4TV wrote:

If you are not going to use a purpose built interface, many have been
successful with these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829126101 ($18)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829265004 ($30)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829131001 ($30)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829128010 ($40)

The last three are the same device with different color cases and
different names <G> and has been available from other "manufacturers"
from time to time.  The first one is also available from ByteRunner
for $29.00.  K9YC recommends some professional audio names in a
similar/slightly higher price range.